Thursday, July 16, 2015

Summer Vacation!



Summer is upon us and traveling is in high swing! One of my favorite things to sew is good size travel bag. This bag pattern will not disappoint! I am a huge advocate for finished seams on the WHOLE project.  Nothing makes me happier in a sewing project. So when I read on this pattern, that it had finished edges, everywhere, I couldn't wait to start this bag! 


See what I am talking about?!  Finished edges everywhere, even the zipper edge! I added an elastic pocket with pleats on the inside of the bag to maybe hold extra shoes. 
One never has enough pockets, am I right?!





This bag also uses "Annie's Soft & Stable," and excellent foam based, lightweight stabilizer that is fantastic at keeping it's shape. I used a free motion quilter to quilt the fabric before ever cutting out my pieces and it worked amazing! I am really pleased with how this project turned out and would love to teach our students how to make it.  This is a great project for any level two student. 
Stay tuned for more travel sewing projects! 


Happy Travels, 
 Janette & Myra




Simple Stitches Sewing & Knitting School is an on going year round school. Sewing machines are provided for students. No need to have your own machine! simplestitchessewingschool@gmail.com